About the Journal
About the Journal
1- Focus and Scope
The Journal Health and Technology – JHT, is a scientific publication in the area of Health and Technology focused on health. It aims to promote the dissemination of social, scientific and technological development through the publication of discoveries in the different areas of Health application and Technology focused on health. It is a journal with a continuous monthly flow, which publishes various types of manuscripts, such as scientific articles, scientific reports, reviews in the various areas of health knowledge. JHT journal believes that the dissemination of science should serve society and that knowledge makes opportunities fairer and more equitable, thus creating better lives. Therefore, the journal contributes to increasing the global impact of research and has its access open and democratically free for all who wish to research it.
2- Commitment to editorial excellence
As reliable sources of information, the JHT Journal establishes standards of extreme quality and commitment to ensure international standards of excellence
3-Journey of an article
Since its submission in the Journal, the article follows a flow, going through peer-review, the internal process of editing, production, bibliographic review, grammar review and publication with DOI. Peer-review plays a vital role in ensuring the integrity of the scientific record. Thus, JHT journal aims to promote the health and well-being of people around the world.
4 - our global team
We are an international collaborative team from more than 10 countries with professional editors, technical writers, production editors, marketing and communication specialists, designers, editors, operations managers, all dedicated to disseminating health research and health technology work from around the world.
5- Open Access
The journal JHT works with open access for research on its published material. Its editors understand that open science is about discovery, collaboration, transparency and engagement, whose principles guide the values of the scientific research. The right to health, health Equity and social justice requires that the best evidence be shared among all for free and that such information can contribute to the growth of human beings everywhere on planet Earth.
6- Publication fee
Our journal have chosen to not have public investments in order to maintain its autonomy and editorial independence. Therefore, publications are maintained by the authors through payment of the publication fee. It is important to clarify that here are no free journals, in the end, someone pays the costs, either the authors or the contributors by means of public funds.
7- Section policies
Only articles from the Health and Health Technology fields and in English language.
8-Declaration of Ethics and Good Practices in publishing
The journal Health and Technology ISSN 2764-7625, has scientific arbitration, the purpose of which is to ensure ethical standards. We seek the agreement of those involved in the editorial process that are the Editors, Editorial Board, Reviewers ad hoc and Authors in relation to good practices and ethical behavior. For this purpose, our reference is the Code of Conduct and standards of good practice for journal editors of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) that require to:
- Ensure that good editorial practices are maintained.
- Review the submitted articles and approve those that are in the scope of the journal JHT for the editorial flow, taking as reference the thematic focus of the Journal, the guidelines for publication and legal aspects regarding defamation, copyright violations and plagiarism.
- Ensure the protection of the identity of the authors and reviewers involved in the arbitration process.
- Safeguard and protect intellectual property and the rights of authors.
- Ensure an anonymous arbitration process of the articles (in our case: double-blind peer review) as fairly and impartially as possible, ensuring that information remains confidential.
- Guide guest editors, authors and reviewers on the editorial flow and peer review process, which involves compliance with journal guidelines, submission, evaluation and referrals.
- Make an appropriate selection of evaluators.
- Organize the relationship of evaluators and keep their data updated.
- Ensure that materials not published in an article are not used in research and publications carried out by editors or members of the Editorial board without the consent of the authors.
- Answer questions related to a published article, regarding the possibility of editorial misconduct, following the guidelines from COPE.
- Publish, when necessary, corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies.
- Ensure the autonomy of editorial decisions.
8.2- Guest Editors:
- Select and define theme and scope of the special issue, as well as the schedule for submission and editorial flow.
- Prepare the presentation of the special issue.
- Instruct authors regarding the conception of the issue and its editorial flow.
- Verify, analyze the submitted articles and approve those that are in the scope of the issue to process in the editorial flow, taking as reference the conception, the guidelines for publication and the legal aspects in the matter of defamation, copyright violations and plagiarism.
- Ensure, in collaboration with the editors, adequate selection of reviewers for articles.
8.3- Evaluators and reviewers ad hoc:
- Inform editors of your availability to evaluate an article.
- Decline an invitation whenever you do not feel qualified to perform the evaluation based on the topic addressed; the identification of aspects that lead to recognizing the authorship; and/or if there is a conflict of interest.
- Treat manuscripts as confidential documents, protecting the intellectual property and rights of the authors, maintaining confidentiality about the information and committing to not use privileged information for their own benefit, including in their research and/or publications.
- Prepare the opinion based on Good editorial practices with regard to ethics, impersonality and respect for Human Rights.
- Inform the editors about any identification of violation of good practices, rights by authors and / or plagiarism practices.
- It is the authors ' obligation to know the focus, scope and conception of the Journal Health and Technology as well as the guidelines for submission.
- Ensure that the submitted article is original and when it comes to expansion of work published in annals of scientific event, ensure consistent approach and meaningful analysis.
- To elaborate the article based on good practices: in research and/or systematic study carried out, coherently addressing and problematizing the data and presenting the contributions to the field of Health and health-related technology.
- It is the authors ' obligation not to submit the article simultaneously to another journal.
- Pay attention to the norms of the Research Ethics Committee of the institution to which the research depicted in the article is linked, when it comes to the involvement of human beings.
- Ensure that there are no expressions or inserts that constitute plagiarism, as well as give credit by citing the sources of excerpts from other productions.
- Ensure and guarantee that the article has not been published in another journal and when it comes to the translation of an international publication, this information must appear on the first page of it.
- Maintain communication with the editors, including informing them of the need to correct some information in the published article.
- It is the authors' obligation to attribute the authorship only to those who contributed significantly to the conception and development of the article.
9- Peer-Review Process
The evaluation of the manuscripts of the Journal Health and Technology is done in pairs, using the Double-Blind Review method, where each manuscript is evaluated by two external ad hoc reviewers, selected by specialty or affinity in relation to the thematic content of the manuscript under consideration. The reviewers of the journal, for the most part, are external to the publishing institution. After submission, the manuscript is evaluated by ad hoc reviewers, who analyze, suggest corrections and improvements. Then the analysis is made by the editor, who resolves the cases of controversy, analyzes the opinions and decides for the refusal or acceptance of the manuscript. After the editor's analysis, the manuscript is returned to the authors to make the improvements suggested by the reviewers.
Finally, the author submits the final version of the manuscript, with the respective report of the similarity detection software (CopySpider or other similar). The final version will be sent within the definitive template of the journal, where there is the obligation to inform the ORCID of all authors.
Among the main advantages of the double-blind evaluation process adopted by the Journal are:
a) ignorance of the identity of the author and the reviewer, guaranteed impartiality in the evaluation;
b) increased credibility and prestige of evaluation processes;
c) improvement of the process of communication of research results.
The Journal Health and Technology is a monthly continuous-flow Journal.
This journal uses the LOCKSS system to create an archive system distributed among participating libraries and allows them to create permanent archives of the journal for preservation and restoration.
12- Publication ethics and declaration of publication negligence
The JHT Journal is dedicated to complying with good practices regarding moral conduct consistent with the scientific publishing of journals. The Prevention of negligence is also a crucial responsibility of the author, editor and editorial staff: any form of unethical behavior, as well as plagiarism in any instance, is not accepted. Authors who submit articles to the journal assure that the work has not been published or is in the process of review/evaluation in any other journal.
13- Plagiarism Software
To maintain the transparency of the information contained in the research, the author is requested, at the time of sending the final version of the manuscript, a report of the similarity detection software (CopySpider or other similar).
14- Journal History
The Journal Health and Technology is an electronic publication that arose from the need to disseminate Science in the health area, with open and democratic access. Its editor-in-chief has been a university professor for more than 30 years and has always aimed at training his students to an understanding of the world in an inter and multidisciplinary vision, and that information and knowledge should be disseminated to all those who need it most. JHT journal belongs to Editora Revista RECIMA 21 LTDA, which owns 3 other journals in other areas of knowledge: RECIMA 21, RECISATEC and ACERTTE.